The SITA Boarding Pass API is a managed service provided by SITA allowing airlines complete flexibility in the creation and distribution of mobile boarding passes. It is a Mobile boarding pass creation and delivery solution.
With secure access to their own partition on the SITA developers’ platform, airlines have full control over the branding, configuration and information management of online and mobile boarding passes using their own app development team or agency. The API integrates into the airline’s other systems, streamlining existing airline business processes and mobile strategies.
- Ready to go templates for quick and easy branding of passes
- Support for Apple Passbook including updates
- Distribution of boarding passes via SMS and email
- Full staging and development testing capabilities
- Support for barcode security signing
- TSA Pre✓™ support
- Uses UTF-8 character set for generation of boarding passes in Korean, Chinese and Arabic
An airline’s check-in system makes a single call to the API with the passenger name and flight details. The SITA Boarding Pass API creates and delivers a mobile boarding pass to the passenger’s mobile phone and provides confirmation of delivery. Boarding passes are delivered via SMS, email or by using push notifications to registered Smartphone applications.
Airline branded passes contain an IATA standard and TSA compliant 2-dimensional barcode required to pass security and board a plane.
- Open - Integrates with any check-in system and all mobile devices.
- Secure - Controlled access to secure partitions by airlines or developers who are authorised by that airline.
- Flexible - All passenger visible branding and content (SMS, email, web pages) is fully customisable by the airline.
- Reliable - Highly available system hosted in multiple regions.
- Cost Effective - A managed service with cost and roadmap amortised by many SITA member airlines.
- Compliant - Meets IATA and TSA requirements.
- Innovative - SITA is continually investing to keep pace with new developments in mobile technology.
Optional Barcode Signing
For flights originating in the USA, the digital signing of barcodes and the management of security certificates and key pairs is required by the TSA and is a major aspect of the API design.
SITA streamlines this operation and supports the management of the security aspect of the boarding pass process with its secure and fully integrated Barcode Signing applications.
TSA Pre✓™ Screening Support
TSA Pre✓™ information, which is embedded in the barcode, is also supported for boarding passes. The API console enables you to customise passes for TSA Pre✓™ notification to the passenger.
Digital Wallet Support
The SITA Boarding Pass API fully supports Passbook on iOS 6 or later. Support for other digital wallets is currently under development.
Passes can be updated dynamically via the push notification service which notifies the user of important updates such as gate changes at the airport or changes to scheduled departure times.
Note: The SITA Boarding Pass API is not a check in engine and does not check passengers in to a DCS. The API is used by check-in applications to create and distribute mobile boarding passes.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.