Creating Your First Boarding Pass
A boarding pass can be quickly and easily created in a few easy steps.
To demonstrate this, follow our little quick start guide below to create your first boarding pass.
- Create your own API Key.
- Select Application Developers > My API Keys.
- Click the Add button to create your API Key.
- Enter a name for your application (you can always change this) and click OK.
- Your API Key will be created and be visible to you.
- Call the Issue method of the API to create your first boarding pass.
- Select Application Developers > API Tester > Issue Pass.
- Paste in your new API key in the X-apiKey text box.
- The Request text box is pre-populated. You can change some of the field values, for example
- If entering a mobile number, ensure that you enter the country code before the number, for example, for a UK country code, the number will start with 44.
- Click on the Issue Boarding Pass button which will call the API at the endpoint specified with your X-apiKey and request.
- The API response will be shown in the Response text area.
- View your boarding pass in the Usage Reports.
- Select Usage Reports > Boarding Passes.
- Click on the Refresh from Server button.
- Your new boarding pass should be at the top of the list of boarding passes.
- The boarding pass is displayed in green if it has been delivered, blue if delivery is pending, or red if the boarding pass has not been delivered.
- Select the boarding pass from the list.
- Verify the boarding pass content that was delivered content by clicking on the links at the bottom of the screen.